Dad, you can lead your family. Use these helpful tips and tools for family devotions.
Help for leading your family devotions:
- Get the family ready for family devotions by getting them comfortable in the family room or around a table (drinks, snacks, and bibles encouraged).
- Open with humor and then take prayer requests from anyone.
- Lead in prayer starting with THANKS, GRATITUDE, and PRAISE FOR WHO GOD IS.
- Play an easy-to-sing popular worship song and sing along…guitar and piano talent welcome.
- Let the family know what story we will tell as a family. Pick a well-known, relevant Jesus story, parable, or Old Testament story.
- Invite members to tell and fill in the story.
- Then read the passage.
- Invite dialogue with questions like: “What’s it say about God, about us, about how we should live?”
- Share prayer requests and let people pray for other people and their concerns.
- Close with Prayer (and song if desired). Perhaps the Lord’s Prayer.
- Tell another dad and friend you are doing this. Urge him to do it and tell a friend.
- Pray for each other leading church at home.
- See some other family devotional examples.