Over sixty leaders and spouses came together last week at Winshape Retreat in Rome, Georgia to support the 2012 FCM Summit Vision: to train, equip, and unify local and national ministry leaders so they can strategically work together to champion the cause of Biblical fatherhood across the nation. Practically our desire was to rejoice and laugh, grieve and pray, listen and learn, educate and encourage each other, network and fellowship, and then dream and collaborate so that we can be united in advancing God’s design and heart for strong fatherhood. We feel these goals were met by God’s good grace. Be encouraged by reading testimonies submitted by Fathering Leaders who attended (below).
There are two prominent questions being asked stemming from the 2012 Summit:
1. What’s next? This is a question that we are all asking and seeking the favor of God about. Currently here’s what we have been shown:
- Ongoing encouragement for Fatherhood leaders to work together in unity, laying aside ego’s and logo’s for the common good of the big K (kingdom) cause.
- To embark on a significant Father’s Day undertaking together. The FCM Board is convening in Dallas in January to solidify ideas and strategy.
- To offer the Fatherhood Leaders Summit again in 2013 at Winshape.
- Keep relationships moving forward through conference calls, web-n-r’s, social media
2. What can I do? Though we are still very much in the formation stage, below are specific tasks which will help FCM continue its work into 2013 and beyond:
- Pray regularly that God will bless this movement with unprecedented guidance, protection and favor.
- Help us spread the word about FCM by posting on our Facebook page , “like” us and post links to FCM on your social media channels.
- Sign up for our blog and forward link to your email contacts
- Follow FCM on twitter and re-tweet FCM tweets
- Share “best of” resources on our FB page– help put tools in fathering champion’s “tool boxes”
- Share what is happening through FCM with your pastor, church leaders and community leaders
- FCM board members have committed to make a personal donation to FCM by end of month. If you believe in the direction we are heading, prayerfully consider a personal donation or ask friends, colleagues, influencers to make a year end gift to our 2013 efforts. Details about online donations coming soon. Send donation questions or intents to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow this link for a Summit slideshow. Enjoy!
Thank you again and May God bless us as we stand together and champion the noble calling of fatherhood. I am truly honored to help lead this effort into the year 2013.